My Conversion Story

To read my conversion story, I have posted it in .pdf format available for download.


Friday, October 15, 2010

Going "trick or treating"? No one's home!

I see we are gearing up for another year of churches telling their neighbors how much they don’t trust them. Yes, I’m talking about “trunk or treat.” We don’t trust the neighbors to not poison our kids (mostly an urban myth) so we destroy what little trust there is in the neighborhoods by taking the kids out of them.

This changes Halloween from a neighborhood event, into a church one. It’s supposed to be for outreach. But is it outreach, or is it fear? Or is it lazy parents who don’t want to go around the neighborhood with the kids? It’s no longer about seeing your neighborhood kids getting dressed up. It’s just about grabbing as much candy in one spot as you can.

Copyright 2010 The Cathoholic. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment